The City Pond Dam on the Iset River

вторник 2 июля 2024, 13:42

____

Library continues to introduce you to interesting books dedicated to the 90th anniversary of Sverdlovsk oblast.

We asked the students being in March in translation practice in the Library to tell about their favourite places in Sverdlovsk oblast and recommend books about these places.

Today we want to present you a book “Walks around Yekaterinburg” reviewed by 2nd-year student of Linguistics Yang Tiantian.

The Yekaterinburg dam is today the only preserved object of the ironworks and the oldest building in city. It is unique because it is still operating and goes on being the city center as it was in the 18th century.

As for me, it is my favourite place in Yekaterinburg. The city pond dam is one of the most popular public places hosting concerts, festivals and folk merrymaking in summer. I used to walk here with my friends and take pictures. When my friends come to Yekaterinburg, I always take them to this place, so that they can enjoy this beautiful landscape and study the history of the city.

The book “Walks around Yekaterinburg” by Valentina Lukyanina and Maya Nikulina features the formation of Yekaterinburg, and the people who influenced it. This book is a kind of guide to the city landmarks. I’d like to recommend this book to my friends, especially to international students studying in Yekaterinburg. It will help you learn history and culture of Yekaterinburg and understand what is changing in the city.

Author&Translator: Yang Tiantian

We express sincere gratitude to Yang Tiantian for the work she has done!

Вы используете гостевой доступ (Служебный вход)